Information and Cyber Security Fundamentals
This course provides learners with deep understanding of Information and Cyber Security. The subsets of information and cybersecurity, their distinctions and relationship and how to plan and implement security measures in information systems. The course discusses other issues associated with cybersecurity such as cybercrime, cyber warfare, cyber vandalism, cyber terrorism and cyber espionage.
At the end of the training participants will be able to understand the following;
- Understand the concepts of security;
- Understand the different security sub-domains in computers and information systems;
- Understand the CIA triad in cyber security.
- Understand the concepts of threats and vulnerabilities;
- Know Malware types and the major attack vectors;
- Understand how to plan, manage and mitigate cyber-attacks;
- Understand Cyber Threat landscape and emerging scenarios in Cyber Crime
- The Concepts of Computer and Information Security;
- Cyber Threats and Vulnerabilities;
- Attack Vectors and Tools;
- Implementing Security Measures and Threat Management;
- Cybercrime landscape and case studies.
- Anyone with an interest in knowing more about cyber security.
- ICT Practitioners and technology enthusiast.